Several weeks have passed since I last wrote. There is no possible way for me to go back and blog about what God has done. I know one thing for sure. God is doing a new thing.
"My default is discontentment, not to give thanks."~Ann Voskamp
Does anyone else find the above statement to be true? I have found great joy in reading incourage.me It is absolutely fabulous!! This web site led me to Ann Voskamp's blog aholyexperience.com. Words cannot express how much her words have blessed me. The Lord is using her story and struggles to encourage me in my relationship with the Lord. After finding theblogfrog.com and talking to other women, I found that I am not alone. I decided to take her challenge of memorizing scripture and finding blessings in each day. I don't want to live in the default mode of discontentment. In Ann's book, she describes a eucharisteo life. I want to live life. Not just live, but live abundantly just as the Lord wants for me. A life of gratitude. I am not a faithful blogger, but I am hoping to spend more time documenting what the Lord is doing in my life.
Lately I have been struggling with my commitment to facebook. It seems like a love/hate relationship. My reasoning for being on facebook was for keeping in touch with people back home. It has actually turned out to be relationship that has occupied most of my time. I love seeing pictures, seeing funny status updates, and keeping in touch with people that I don't see. The truth is, I realized that I find seem to base who I am off of what people say or think about me. I get hurt when people don't request to be my friend or accept a friend request. How ridiculous is that! Why does it matter so much? Well, I took a cue from a very wise woman.... my oldest sister. I deactivated my account for a short time, and the anxiety fled. Suddenly I found a sense of peace and more time. I reactivated to check on a dear friend and tried to start over. I deleted a ton of people that were simply acquaintances in my life. I deleted a lot of local people and started over. I live in Quincy, and I am friends with a lot of people on facebook. But, I should honestly be a better friend than a facebook friend. I should call or text people, make time to see them and spend time with them. If I want to see their children grow up, I want to watch it not just see facebook photos. I realized I suck at being a good friend. I relied on facebook posts to keep in touch. Don't get me wrong, I do love facebook, but I think we should be doing more ministry than status updates and wall posts. Let me restate that. I should be doing more ministry. I should be loving people, spending time with people, praying with friends and loving on them. There will come a time when I will reactivate my account, but for now... I feel relief from drama. I am making a better effort to reach out.
I could go on and on about what God is doing. As I start off my morning.
I am grateful for:
my health- As I witnessed a customer at work last night who just got the news she is dying.
coffee in the morningliving in a safe neighborhood
morning moochies from my precious husband
sunshine and warm weather coming soon
walking with Lexi
phone calls from my mom in the morning
talking to my granny
sin's power over me is broken
I no longer have to walk after the flesh; I can walk in the spirit... I am free
No comments:
Post a Comment