Thursday, January 27, 2011

Our God

Weeks have flown by with no updates on the blog. I have come to terms with the fact that I am not very good at keeping this little blog updated. Honestly, sometimes I have so much to say that the thought of typing everything out is overwhelming to me.

Thanksgiving was interesting this year with Katie being hospitalized and close to death. God, our faithful Father, heard our prayers and healed her body. She is recovering well, but still has a long road ahead. It is difficult being so far away when your family is hurting. I felt helpless so far away; but, the most powerful thing Jerod and I could do was pray. The song by Chris Tomlin played over and over in my head
"Our God is greater, our God is stronger
God You are higher than any other
Our God is Healer, awesome in power
Our God, Our God…"

I awaited Christmas time with great anticipation. I just wanted to see my family, and hug Katie. Christmas time at home with my family. I wanted no gifts (but gratefully accepted them). At age 30, it finally hit me the greatest gift of all. Seeing what God has done in my life over the last several years, and especially the last several months, the gift of Jesus, the price He paid for me, the blessings, the forgiveness, the grace, and the freedom. The list goes on. Christmas Eve service is a huge tradition in our church. I have always wanted to sing at the service, and a special lady made that happen. Except this was no ordinary service to me. It was huge!! I was so nervous, and excited at the same time. I was not going to be standing up there alone. I was able to sing with my husband. My amazing, forgiving, loving, and merciful husband. Seeing what the Lord has done in our marriage, that he can take a wretch and make it whole again. We had a difficult time deciding what to sing. There were so many beautiful songs, narrowing it down was a challenge. We finally found a song that spoke to both of us. The words, oh the words are incredible.....
Hallelujah Light Has Come (Barlow Girl)
"Hmmm my Baby
Heaven sent You to me
All the worlds been praying
Who will Save?
But who am I
That here tonight
I hold the One
Who’ll bring us life
Hallelujah!
We’ve been found
A Child is born
To save us now, Jesus!
Hallelujah! Light has come
A Savior who will set us free
A Promise for those who believe Do You hear the Angels
Sing for You my baby
Men and kings have come to
Bow to You
But here in my arms

So close to me
The Son of God
Now all can see

Hallelujah We’ve been found
A Child is born to save us now, Jesus!
Hallelujah Light has come
A savior set us free!

So praise to God on high
He has heard our cry
Hallelujah We’ve been found

Hallelujah We’ve been found
A Child is born to save us now, Jesus! Hallelujah Light has come"

I felt every word. "We've been found, a child was born to save us. A savior set us free! Amen! I can testify to that!!

I could barely hold it together that night. I wanted everyone there to hear that promise. My desire was to give the praise to the one who rescued me. To sing those words with my husband by my side, words cannot express. We had a wonderful time at home, and it is always so hard to leave. I always hope that one day we will move closer. Hey, one can dream! :)

I use to struggle with Christmas with the Baird family, but this year I was determined for things to be different. I just kept praying that the Lord would remind me to walk in freedom daily. To do that, I have to surrender. It is not about me, I have been so selfish. I want to be different. I want things to be different. I cannot erase the past, but I can move forward! We had such a great time with everyone. The Lord is so faithful to me. This song has been one of my prayers. Another song by Chris Tomlin, Awakening "For You and You alone
Awake my soul, awake my soul and sing
For the world You love
Your will be done, let Your will be done in me"

What a way to start 2011. He did awake my soul! Daily, I ask for him to awake my soul, and let His will be done in me. I have to commit to Him, because I do not want to live in the past. I do not want to live my life without Him. I know that path all too well. "Like the rising sun that shines
From the darkness comes a light
I hear Your voice and this is my
Awakening"

Around the 11th of January Jerod's company took us to the International Home builder Show in Orlando, Florida. We had such a great time! We enjoyed our time together, just being kids.

I know that this seems like a huge run-on sentence with a bunch of punctuation errors. I am obviously not pursuing a career in writing! I am gonna list some verses that the Holy Spirit is using in my life.

"My heart says of you, "Seek his face!" Your face, Lord, I will seek" Psalm 27:8
"If therefore the Son shall make you free, you shall be free indeed." John 8:36
"Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths." Psalm 25:4
"Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Psalm 25:5

By Grace Alone



No comments: