I have won a very important battle in an ongoing war. FREEDOM! Freedom is mine as long as I keep choosing truth and standing firm in the strength of the Lord. I honor Him as my sovereign Lord. My prayer is that I will not love this world, that I may be filled daily with his His Holy Spirit, and live free from sin. I take a stand against Satan, I believe God's truth, and refuse to live in discouragement, bondage, fear, loneliness, depression, and rebellion. He is the God of hope and freedom.
This has come with years of struggles. I feel no need to air my dirty laundry, but I do want to proclaim the freedom from baggage of sin that has hindered me. It is time to move on. Jerod and I are allowing the Lord to consume every part of our marriage. We have suffered through several years of hurt, an unforgiving spirit, rebellion, and spiritual conflicts, but we are now able to stand firm in the freedom of Christ and shield against the enemy.
Ephesians 6:12 says, "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."
It will be a daily battle, but we know "Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty."
James 4:7 says, "Submit therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you."
Romans 8:1 says "There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. For the law of the spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and death."
Today, we choose life in Christ, we choose freedom, and forgiveness of sins!
I was always afraid that people would not be my friend if they knew the "real me". If they knew my past, or my daily struggles. But, what I can claim today is freedom from that fear. You may cast judgement, or throw your stones, but I am under the blood.
"Under the blood
Yesterday is a memory
I'm lost from the ways of death
Your love has covered me
I found perfect peace
It took so long to get to where I should
I'm over the guilt and shame
Cause I'm under the blood" ~ Vicki Yohe
I make no promise to be perfect, nor can I tell you that I won't disappoint you. What I can do is choose to live for the Lord, and not for man. Knowing that I will fail, I will fall, and I will struggle. And He will pick me up again and again.
"I waited patiently for the lord; He turned to me and He heard my cry. He lifted me out of this slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; He set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the Lord." Psalm 40:1-3
No comments:
Post a Comment