Friday, January 22, 2010

Rough week

It's been a tough week for me. Monday was MLK Day and I still had nothing settled with school. I was livid and someone got an earful on Tuesday. I am now enrolled in classes but worried because I don't have any books and I am afraid I will be behind. It is already a fast track program. I was prepared to send an email to the President of the school or the Dean of Students about how horrible this process was. But I think it is best that I let it go and move on with classes. It is a waste of energy. I did order my books yesterday and praying they will get here quick! I have been so bothered by school and wanting to go home I decided to go to St. Louis for the day. The weather wasn't that great but I felt like I was goin crazy if I didn't get away. Schools were out for freezing rain, but I was goin anyway. The hwy was fine but it was really foggy, but I would never tell Jerod that. I enjoyed shopping and got some great stuff at Lush! I was trying to get home before dark. As I was leaving I got a text from facebook and it was my moms status update. It said.. "mourning the loss of a precious friend" I immediately called to find out was goin on. Ms. Brenda Fitting died Wed morning. She was battling cancer, but 2 weeks ago they told her 6 months so I was really planning to get home to see her. We were just trying to figure out when I could go. It was such a shock to me, I can't get even wrap my mind around it. I just cried and cried. She was precious and I am so sad I can't make it back for the funeral. With class on Monday I just can't swing it. It's times like this when I hate being up here. I miss out on so much and can't be there for things that I want to be. Worked yesterday and then went to Jenny's (my neighbor) house for a gourmet cooking party. It was fun!

Jerod and I are doing well. Sometimes I just feel like we are on a different page. It's like we love each other and want the best for each other but we just don't connect sometimes. It's hard to explain.

Been able to talk to a long lost friend this week. Matt and I were great friends back in high school. He is younger than me, but was such a sweetheart. He is now married and has a cute little boy. Just been good to catch up.

Made PW sherried tomato soup Monday and it's incredible. I'm gonna try to cook more and keep it in fridge or freezer. That is one of my resolutions and it will be a challenge, but I am workin on it. I think I need to review my resolution list again. Well, that's a quick rundown of my week.

No comments: