Today, a day off! I've worked Monday and Tuesday from 9 to late afternoon. Last night I decided if Jerod wanted to I would take him on a date. Tuesday and Thursday's The Patio has a pasta bar. He worked his side job til @ 7pm, came home and got ready to go. He was excited to try it since he'd never been, and the food was fabulous as usual.
I did not sleep well last night. Lexi has been so restless, and has not been able to get much exercise cuz of the weather. Once I woke up my mind started racing and as usual if I start thinking about something that I need to do, I have to do it or I can't relax. I began thinkin about school and I hadn't heard from anyone and I decided to email one of the ladies that had been helpin me. I was up from about 2-3:30 and still had a difficult getting to sleep. I needed to wake up early cuz I had a doctors appointment for my toe at 9:45. I got there and Jerod wanted to come too. How sweet he is! I've been dealing with pain in my toe since the iron Fleur DI Li's fell from the window seal onto my toe on November 1st. I was told it wasn't broken, but I've had a lot of problems with it since so Sally Artz recommended Dr. Patel. He was amazed at the bruising and swelling and hearin about the pain I was experiencing. He ordered another x-ray and told me it is broken and the bone was not able to heal properly cuz of my walking & exercising. So.... I sat their on the table hearing what I thought to be the worst news ever."You must wear this shoe at all times for 2 weeks." I was so grateful for answers, but yet I was so disgusted with the look of what I would have to wear for at least 2 weeks. Jerod was so precious, but I began to cry. This all goes back to one of my biggest issues. Attention & what people think of me. I do realize that it could be worse. I know that this is only minor, but the thought of me with the cute clothes, good hair & great makeup with an ugly Velcro shoe is disturbing. I think what bothered me the most was not the shoe, but that I was humbled by a shoe.
I realized that I have become so vain!
I've often wondered if its possible to be friends with someone of the opposite sex when you are married. Is it ok to flirt & tease with them? I have discovered my answer. No!! There are definitely boundaries! I am a happily married woman, and I too struggle with this "friend" thing. To be honest, I have made my share of mistakes in the last 4 years. Nothing I'm proud of for sure, but we have definitely persevered and grown stronger. It's amazing how God can take horrible things in our lives and move us toward a relationship with Him. It is difficult for both men and women to not become emotionally attached to a member of the opposite sex. Who doesn't like attention right? However, the boundaries can be crossed & can lead to awkward situations. This is what Satan wants!! Ladies, be strong! No matter how needy we are, or how much we desire to talk, to be wanted, or loved, we have to be firm. Find yourself in the Lord! We use our men as a mirror of how valuable we are. We try to get our image from him, but we need to derive our identity from God. This is easier said than done.
Other strong points...
Embrace the spotlight that marriage places on your own sin!
What if God designed marriage to make us holy and not just happy?!!
Learn to appreciate the difficulties as it is used to transform you.
Lord, thank you for your protection. Thank you for such an amazing man. Please continue to surround my marriage and the marriages of others with your arms. Help me to not drain my very own husband for my womanhood or affection when you are the only one that can do that. Allow me to be friendly to members of the opposite sex, but to have eyes for only my husband. Change my attitude that it is "all about me". Forgive me for my many shortcomings, but thank you for your grace! Grace that is greater than all our sin! Thank you for the answers about my toe today, and for showing me about my struggle with vanity.
No comments:
Post a Comment