Saturday, December 15, 2012

IMB/SKL Hunt December 2012

2nd gun was a whirlwind!  It was warm for December and the moon couldn't have been any brighter.  Dad came up for his first guided hunt and brought some fellow Fort Smithians.  We had a blast with them here.  It was really quite the crew of hunters.  I felt like the entire SEC was represented.  Truly, it was great to be around all the southerners again.  I just felt so at home.  Having my daddy here helped too! 
The last day of dad's hunt was a Sunday.  So I had church in the woods with my dad that morning.  I didn't really even hunt  when I was younger, but was always around it and loved it.  Before the sun rose dad grabbed my hand.  There we were in our camo, and orange.  Dad had his gun in one hand and his baby girl's hand in the other.  We weren't in a church that morning, but we were in the presence of our Creator and King.  It is a morning I will cherish.  The quiet woods, the whispers of wisdom from my daddy, and the patient waiting for a deer.  I am thankful for that time.  We shared lots of laughter as I quietly tip-toed back from a squat in the woods and spotted three deer jumping the fence.  I quickly morphed into crouching tiger, hidden dragon.  I have never been so still or quiet.  Good times!  No kill that morning, but a nice looking doe that night. 

1 comment:

Renia said...

Tried to follow you but could not.