Sunday, January 3, 2010

2010 A Year of Change

January 3, 2010...For quite some time now I have had this burning desire to blog about my life. Not that I have anything important or exciting to share. We don't have kids to share funny stories about, and I like to think that we live a somewhat normal life here in Quincy, Illinois. I started this blog about a year ago and struggled with being consistent. Long story short.. I, Brooke Baird live in Quincy, Illinois with my beloved husband Jerod and our boxer, Lexi. Jerod works full-time for a home builder in town. He finds great satisfaction in staying busy with his job, and side jobs. He is actively involved in church, and in his free time plays sports. Almost 2 years ago I encountered some health problems. During that time Jerod and I began to evaluate my job and our future. As we worked through my health concerns we decided it would be best for me to leave Blue Cross Blue Shield and go back to school. We knew that this would be complicated. My job at BCBS was a good one. I made great money and had fantastic benefits. I loved the people I met there, and try to keep up with some of them via facebook.

Fall of 2008 I enrolled at JWCC the local community college. My greatest desire at the time was for me to finish what I had started many... many years ago. A Bachelor's Degree. The goal was for me to become a PTA (Physical Therapy Assistant)... Not possible. As I completed my Associates Degree this past Spring, I had no idea what I was to do next. How neat it was that I was able to reconnect with one of my besties. During this time my BF Laura, encouraged me to investigate teaching. Let me say that I thought it was a joke. Me, A teacher! LOL I began to pray about it and talk it over with Jerod. I found myself enrolled at CSC (Culver Stockton College) in Canton, Missouri..majoring in Elementary Education. A challenging semester for sure...I'm actually trying to transfer into the adult program at QU (Quincy University). If all goes well, I will start in a couple of weeks. (Fingers crossed)

That is a very basic rundown of 2008. I hope that this new year of change will give me the opportunity to journal, and to share what God is doing in my life. Tomorrow, I will share my list of changes. And believe me it is a long one.

No comments: